Saturday, July 09, 2005

a new mission trip

i love trying new things - when i'm in a place that i am familiar. the problem is this week i am doing a "new to me" mission experience with some of my youth. it's called global encounter. thus far there have been somethings that i liked about it and somethings that i haven't liked about it. the biggest thing i have realized is that i am very comfortable with change when i am in control of it. i do not like having to "float along" in someone else's sea and be captive to their winds and currents.

of course, this whole thought then turns in on me and i have to start considering if i am forcing teens to "float in my sea" or if i am inviting them to float with me. floating with me is cool but just being in my world that i control is awful frightening. i might have to reconsider some of my creative projects when i get back home.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home