Wednesday, August 31, 2005

we're okay

we got power back earlier today and i am finally able to post an update on the blog. baton rouge was spared the biggest part of the storm. we had some wind damage (trees downed, shingles blown off, etc.) but very little water damage. the biggest issue we now face is handling the evacuees from new orleans. baton rouge is the closest metro area to new orlean and thus we are getting the lion's share of the evacuees. it is bringing some amazing ministry opportunities with it. i spent most of my day, after getting my family taken care of, at a couple of the area shelters. we're taking youth tomorrow to two different locations to help in the recovery effort.

if you would like to see pictures of what we are experiencing from the storm you can view them at my flickr site and you can view my announcements to the youth ministry at my youth ministry blog.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home